Since 2000 Music in Lanark has been bringing exceptional talent to the people of Clydesdale. From September through to March of the following year we present concerts showcasing a wide range of musical styles, from classical chamber music, opera and jazz to traditional Scottish. We also provide a regular platform for young musicians to perform at the beginning of each concert, thus enabling talent to flourish. Our base is The Institute at New Lanark, a historic building in the World Heritage Site village. Concerts are also held at other venues appropriate to the music, in and around Lanark.
FREE Sunday Afternoon Recitals
at the Institute, New Lanark.
And From Last Year…
If you missed the recital, you may be interested to see the YouTube recordings.
The full hour long concert can be found at this link: https://youtu.be/9Ds4j4sp_38
1. Prelude & Fugue in C minor Bk1 – Bach https://youtu.be/zXd2wnH9KCE
2. Sonata in E major K 162 (L21) – Scarlatti https://youtu.be/LvXssx6qRJE
3. Sonata Opus 13 “Pathetique” 1st movt – Beethoven ; https://youtu.be/mUQsWETbzog
4. Etude Op. 10 – Nr 3 – Chopin https://youtu.be/3-7J6t9raxA
5. Etude Op. 25 – Nr 1 – Chopin https://youtu.be/wdPqd4m5sJI
6. Liebestraum Notturno No. 3 – Liszt https://youtu.be/eaN9lhZT0SM
7. Wizard Time – Ethan Loch ; https://youtu.be/tPsldCugllY
8. Of the Sea – Ethan Loch https://youtu.be/rw4nhQTH7BU
9. Audience Impromptu Surprise https://youtu.be/Gw2YZYUlq5U
Concert Ticket: £12.50
18 and under – £1.00
Grants entry to all ten 2017-2018 Series MiL concerts.