Since 2000 Music in Lanark has been bringing exceptional talent to the people of Clydesdale. From September through to March of the following year we present concerts showcasing a wide range of musical styles, from classical chamber music, opera and jazz to traditional Scottish. We also provide a regular platform for young musicians to perform at the beginning of each concert, thus enabling talent to flourish. Our base is The Institute at New Lanark, a historic building in the World Heritage Site village. Concerts are also held at other venues appropriate to the music, in and around Lanark.
They’re available directly from the Memorial Hall, St Leonard Street, Lanark ML11 7AB
or by phoning: 01555 667999,
or to buy online click here: Music In Lanark SERIES 2018 2019
Saturday 22 September 2018 7:45 pm
Motherwell-born pianist returns home – with his musical family!
Wednesday 26 September 2018 7:45 pm
Ethan will be performing an hour-long (free – donations only) concert which will be part of a French television company’s programme on him.
Ethan’s programme comprises all his compositions, including “Wallace at Lanark” which he composed for his first-ever solo concert given for Music in Lanark.
If you missed the recital, you may be interested to see the YouTube recordings.
The full hour long concert can be found at this link: https://youtu.be/9Ds4j4sp_38
1. Prelude & Fugue in C minor Bk1 – Bach https://youtu.be/zXd2wnH9KCE
2. Sonata in E major K 162 (L21) – Scarlatti https://youtu.be/LvXssx6qRJE
3. Sonata Opus 13 “Pathetique” 1st movt – Beethoven ; https://youtu.be/mUQsWETbzog
4. Etude Op. 10 – Nr 3 – Chopin https://youtu.be/3-7J6t9raxA
5. Etude Op. 25 – Nr 1 – Chopin https://youtu.be/wdPqd4m5sJI
6. Liebestraum Notturno No. 3 – Liszt https://youtu.be/eaN9lhZT0SM
7. Wizard Time – Ethan Loch ; https://youtu.be/tPsldCugllY
8. Of the Sea – Ethan Loch https://youtu.be/rw4nhQTH7BU
9. Audience Impromptu Surprise https://youtu.be/Gw2YZYUlq5U
Concert Ticket: £12.50
18 and under – £1.00
Grants entry to all nine 2018-2019 Series MiL concerts.